The Heritage Audio MCM-32 is a rackmount analog summing mixer that delivers vintage-quality sonics along with sophisticated routing options to streamline your hybrid studio setup.
Heritage Audio is pleased to announce its new range of rack mountable analog summing mixers. Comprising vintage quality sound with sophisticated routing options, they are the perfect partner for hybrid setups, integrating analog gear with your DAW.
The MCM-32 employs a unique configuration, offering 32 input channels arranged into 4 subgroups of 8. Each channel features center detent Pan and Fader concentric controls plus balanced insert and mute switches.
The insert send points always have the signal present, so they can be alternatively used as direct outputs for recording without additional patch bays.
Each group has its own stereo fader and balanced insert point and all 4 stereo subgroups are passively summed into the master bus. The gain is restored by means of a 1073 style class A, transformer coupled, mic preamplifier, featuring a total of 4 transformers (1 input one output in each channel).
The master section is also provided with its own balanced insert point.
All connections on the back are made by DSUB 25 connectors following the Tascam protocol, with the exception of the master bus connections, which are by dedicated XLRs.
VINTAGE SOUND QUALITY AND LOW NOISE.
The smart summing topology employed in the MCM series of mixers allows for an impressive headroom and surprising low noise figure for a 32 channel, vintage topology mixer. Special care has been taken on improving crosstalk and self-noise figures from those on the vintage designs in order to accommodate the new MCM mixers into the digital era.
The transformer based class A output stage is able to deliver a full +26dBu output.
• Channel Input Impedance: Greater than 20 Kohm.
• Maximum channel input level: Greater than +26dBu
• Maximum insert return input level: Greater than +26dBu
• Maximum insert send level: Greater than +27dBu, able to drive 600 ohm.
• Maximum output level: Greater than +26dBu into 600ohm.
• Frequency response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
• THD + N: Not more than 0.07% from 50 Hz to 10 kHz at +20dBu output (22 Hz to 22 Khz bandwidth) into 600Ω.
• Noise, all faders up, all subgroups in, measured at the main output, 22Hz to 22Khz: Better than -80dBu