- Power Configuration:Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size:7"
- LF Driver Type:Ferrite Motor
- HF Driver Size:2.5"
- HF Driver Type:AG-AMT
- LF Driver Power Amp:120W
- HF Driver Power Amp:60W
- Total Power:180W Class D
- Frequency Response:30Hz-22kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL:103 dB SPL
- Input Types:1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" TRS
- Features:Controls: Gain, Acoustic Placement, High Trim
- Enclosure Type:Rear Ported
- Enclosure Material:PVF with Wood Veneer
- Weight:18 lbs.
- Pays tribute to the studio monitors built by the Gauss Speaker Company in the 1970s
- 7-inch, AC10-MLF-derived woofer with distinctive white wood pulp/glass fiber cone
- Woofer produces a pronounced snap, fast transient response, and low-end response down to 30Hz
- AMT tweeter with a 65mm PET film folded membrane
- Tweeter yields excellent transient response and exceptional high-frequency extension up to 22kHz
- 3-position Acoustic Placement switch makes optimizing the speaker to your room's boundary spaces easy
- 3-position High Trim switch compensates for additional room deficiencies
- Independent Gain controls on each speaker for easy system calibration
Gauss Greatness — Resurrected
This article wasWritten By
Our Product Research TeamGet to know them!
Searching for classic Gauss Speaker Company 1970s-era speakers? Unfortunately, they’re not easy to find. Thankfully, the Avantone Pro Gauss 7 resurrects this celebrated brand, with wonderful sonic detail to boot. This top-flight active studio monitor vaunts a 7-inch, AC10-MLF-derived woofer with a familiar-looking white wood pulp/glass fiber cone, plus an AMT tweeter with a 65mm PET film folded membrane. Fire up a set of these studio monitors, and you’ll benefit from a pronounced snap, an excellent transient response, and an impressive 30Hz–22kHz frequency response. You also get incredible stereo imaging, an accurate midrange, and a super-wide sweet spot that's guaranteed to impress. The Gauss 7 includes powerful yet easy-to-use room optimization controls, ensuring that the Gauss 7 facilitates effective reference-quality monitoring in a wide range of acoustic environments.
Related Videos: Gauss 7 Active Studio Reference Monitors - Pair
Avantone’s white-cone woofer — with a few updates
Like Avantone’s AC10-MLF driver, the Gauss 7's 7-inch woofer boasts an attention-grabbing white cone made from wood pulp and glass fiber. This speaker’s pronounced snap and fast transient response are reminiscent of Avantone’s CLA-10, but with an extra dose of low end. The woofer’s motor structure vaunts low-carbon 1008 steel construction, which facilitates max-level magnetic flux density between the pole piece and top plate. What’s more, a Japanese-designed, unidirectional styrene-butadiene rubber surround optimizes the woofer’s excursion and power. This speaker also includes a rear-firing bass port for a tight, punchy low-end response down to 30Hz.
AMT tweeter yields high-fidelity, reference-quality sound
Thanks to its high-fidelity GAU-AMT tweeter, the Avantone Pro Gauss 7 yields incredible detail, with incredible stereo imaging. This Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter produces a small vertical throw that minimizes unwanted room reflections. Beyond that, the tweeter’s 65mm polyethylene terephthalate (PET) film folded membrane ensures a transient response that’s second to none, courtesy of its low resonant-frequency qualities and low crossover point. You'll also benefit from exceptional high-frequency extension up to 22kHz. The engineers here at Sweetwater have found the Gauss 7 to be an honest-sounding speaker with zero hyped frequencies — it’s an excellent reference monitor.
Easy room optimization with acoustic tuning controls
If you’re like some of us here at Sweetwater, you’re mixing in a less-than-perfect space. That’s why the Gauss 7 includes easy-to-use acoustic tuning controls. A 3-position Acoustic Placement switch makes optimizing the speaker to your room’s boundary spaces a breeze; a 3-position High Trim switch compensates for additional room deficiencies. You also get independent Gain controls on each speaker for easy system calibration.