The FPX7 produces the most accurate monitoring experience in its price range.
Fader Pro Series
Building upon the acclaimed Fader Series of studio monitors, we decided to step things up a bit, and created the one-of-a-kind, FPX7 monitor.
Featuring a beefed-up Class AB amplifier with a sizable toroidal transformer for exceptional power delivery, optimized composite cone woofer and AMT folded ribbon tweeter, the FPX7 produces the most accurate monitoring experience in its price range. With its lightning fast, accurate response, the AMT tweeter provides detail and depth only seen in professional studios.
What makes the FPX7 so unique, however, is that the AMT tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer – in a coaxial configuration, which makes this speaker the first of its kind.
Taking what we learned from our success with the FX8, we incorporated the AMT tweeter much in the same way. Coaxial drivers, found in such world renowned monitors such as the Manley ML10 with Tannoy drivers, provide such accuracy and detail because all of the energy from the tweeter and woofer radiate from the exact same position in space. This is critical for accurate off-axis response as well as phase coherence. The AMT tweeter is mounted to a custom designed waveguide, which provides it with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot. The complex, DSP controlled crossover provides a perfect blending of the woofer to the AMT tweeter and ensures that there is effectively zero variance DSP controlled crossover provides a perfect blending of the woofer to the soft dome tweeter and ensures that there is effectively zero variance amplifier to amplifier.
- Seamless, transparent response in a compact footprint
- 7” composite cone, low-frequency driver
- Air motion transformer tweeter provides an extremely fast and accurate response
- Bi-amplified 140Watt Class A/B amplification (90w woofer/50w AMT tweeter)
- Acoustic Space Control lets you calibrate the FPX7 to your mixing environment ( 0, -2, -4db )
- Tweeter high frequency trim control ( +2, 0, -2db )
- Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
- 42Hz – 27kHz frequency response (+/-3dB)
- Front loaded slot port for directional bass response
- Amplifier standby function to conserve energy
- Frequency response: 42 Hz – 27 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Amplifier power: 140 watts RMS
- Signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF one displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL
- @ one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: Factory programmed for either 100 – 120V – 60Hz, 220 – 230V – 50Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient and subsonic filter
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 310 x 216 x 264 mm / 12.1" x 8.5" x 10.5" (HxWxD)
- Weight (single monitor): 16.5 lbs / 7.5 kg