A powerful synth and much more with the UltraNova from Novation!
The Sound Designer's Dream
UltraNova is our most advanced, configurable and controllable synth, designed to create new, unique and edgy sounds, plus all the classics you'd expect from a Nova-series synth
Create Truly Unique Sounds
This is our most ambitious synth to date. It takes our legendary SuperNova analogue-modelling synth engine, and enhances it to vastly increase its sonic capabilities. The result is a synth that can create sounds that are simply impossible with other synths in its class.
- Three oscillators, noise and ring modulation for making your sounds as rich as possible.
- Classic waveforms and cutting edge wavetables for creating classic and unique new sounds.
- Two routable multi-mode filters for flexible sound sculpting.
- 6 Envelopes, 3 LFOs and 20 slot modulation matrix for almost unlimited programming capabilities.
- 18-voice polyphony for playing complex synth lines and chords
Touch n' Tweak
UltraNova's patches are more than just static presets. Each is set up with up to eight parameters, which can be tweaked or totally warped using touch-sensitive encoders. Tweak to alter the brightness or dial in some grit, or touch to trigger subtle movement in your sound, or seriously warp it into something completely different.
Helping you find your new sound
Music making is all about the journey, and we’re always looking for new ways to inspire you along the way. That’s why we’ve created the Sound Collective. Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX from developers we admire, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software, exclusive to Novation customers. All you have to do is register your Novation gear, and one offer will be featured in your Novation account every couple of months.
- 144 character LCD
- 8x detented touch sensitive encoders
- 1x large smooth encoder (with back-lit filter lock buttons)
- 1x large patch select/speed dial encoder
- 2x volume & monitor mix dials
- 39 LED lit/indicated buttons
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 2x 1/4" jack inputs
- 2x 1/4" jack outputs
- 2x 1/4" jack aux outputs
- 1x 1/4" jack headphone output
- SPDIF digital output on RCA connector
- Expression pedal on 1/4" jack input
- Sustain pedal on 1/4" jack input
- MIDI in/out/thru
- 12 volt power input (AC adapter included)
- 2 x 4 audio interface USB port (UltraNova can be powered via USB)
- Up to 18 note polyphony (dynamic voicing)
- Sound Engine Type(s): Modeling
- Number of Keys: 37
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted, Velocity-sensitive, Aftertouch
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel, 8 x Encoders
- Polyphony: 18 Notes
- Number of Presets: 300
- Number of Effects: 14
- Effects Types: Distortion, Compressor, Chorus, Delay, Reverb
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Audio Inputs: 2 x 1/4", 1 x XLR (Mic)
- Audio Outputs: 4 x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- Digital Outputs: 1 x S/PDIF
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x Expression, 1 x Sustain
- Power Supply: Bus Powered, 12 V DC, 1250 mA (Included)
- Weight: 7.93 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: AMS-ULTRANOVA