If you want your vocals to be heard, the Shure Beta 58A Mic is built to make it happen. It's a high-output, supercardioid dynamic microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. This has made it a leading choice among vocalists and touring musicians worldwide.
The Beta 58A maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range (50Hz-16kHz) and a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. Its neodymium magnet provides high sensitivity and output. The superb performance of this microphone is not affected by rough handling because of its rugged construction, proven pneumatic shockmount system, and hardened steel mesh grille. So whether you hold it in your hand or mount in on a stand, you'll get the kind of sound you planned.
Fantastic for live vocal applications!
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Beta 58A Mic
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.6 mV)
- *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Phasing
- Case:Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished, spherical steel mesh grille
- Adjustable, Stand Adapter:
- Slip-in microphone mounting, unbreakable, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8"-27 thread, black finish
- Dimensions (DxW): 160mm x 50mm, 2" x 6.5"
- Net weight: 278g (9.92oz)