Manley Variable MU Stereo Limiter Compressor Mastering Version with M/S & T-Bar Mod
Số lượng hạn chế
Vận chuyển hôm nay nếu đặt hàng trong 9 giờ và 57 phút!
The Stereo Variable MU Limiter Compressor Mastering Version with Mid/Side and T-Bar Modification from Manley Labs is a dynamic signal processor using two single-pentode tubes wired in triode for peak reduction and compression.
|Số Lượng Kênh||2|
|Không Gian Rack||2U|
- Manley ELOP+ Stereo Limiter Compressor56.300.000 ₫
- SPL IRON Mastering Compressor (Black)100.000.000 ₫
- Manley Stereo Variable Mu Mastering Version100.000.000 ₫
- Manley Nu Mu Stereo Limiter Compressor63.000.000 ₫
- Manley SLAM! Mastering Stereo Limiter100.000.000 ₫
- SPL Tube Vitalizer Program Equalizer62.500.000 ₫
- Manley Stereo Variable Mu® Limiter Compressor99.000.000 ₫
- Maag Audio EQ4M 6-Band Dual Channel Mastering EQ60.000.000 ₫
- Maag Audio MAGNUM-K Single Channel Compressor62.300.000 ₫
- Warm Audio WA-2A Tube Optical Compressor22.500.000 ₫
- Warm Audio WA76 Discrete Compressor15.000.000 ₫
- SPL PQ Mastering Equalizer (Red)100.000.000 ₫
The Stereo Variable MU Limiter Compressor Mastering Version with Mid/Side and T-Bar Modification from Manley Labs is a dynamic signal processor using two single-pentode tubes wired in triode for peak reduction and compression. The tube circuit is constantly re-biased by the vacuum tube rectified side-chain control voltages, resulting in a smooth change in gain. This mastering version replaces all conductive plastic pots with Greyhill rotary switches. The 1% metal-film resistors on the Greyhill switches not only provide recallability, but also deliver an improvement in sound quality.
The Mid/Side modification (also known as the Vertical/Lateral or Sum/Difference) allows for stereo encoding and decoding, as well as image enhancement processing capabilities. Instead of an active circuit, the left switch changes the wiring of the input transformer, while the right switch changes the output wiring. When both M/S switches are activated, the stereo signal is encoded and decoded, providing the ability to compress the mid, sum or mono part of the sound on channel one, while channel two's compressor controls the side or difference. The Mid/Side switches replace the high-pass side-chain position on the front panel. The HP/SC are ganged and moved to the power switch position, while the power switch has been moved to the rear of the chassis.
The T-Bar modification uses a converter board with two 6BA6 single pentodes wired in triode mode to take over the duties of the single-envelope dual-triode 6386 or 5670 tubes. Each of the single-pentode tubes are matched for low noise and low microphonics before being installed onto the adapter board. Direct A/B comparisons and testing have found the sound and performance of the dual 6BA6 to be nearly identical to the original 6386 tube. Comparing the dual 6BA6 to the 5670 sounds less "squashed" with fewer artifacts as the amount of limiting is increased.
The compressor setting offers a soft-knee 1.5:1 ratio, while the limit mode offers a sharper knee with ratios ranging from 4:1 to 20:1. With higher limiting settings, the knee will start to soften. Distortion effects can be achieved by turning up the input and lowering the output while using little or no compression. The side-chain high-pass filter uses a 1-pole, 6 dB/octave filter that attenuates 1 to 3 dB at 100 Hz and 4 to 6 dB at 50 Hz. Once engaged, the compressor / limiter will not respond as strongly to low frequency content and will prevent audible "pumping" when processing bass-heavy music.
The input of the Variable MU is ganged, but can still process two independent channels with separate threshold and output controls. With the link switch engaged, the unit operates in true stereo mode and excels at processing 2-track, final mix, or mastering compression and limiting. Handmade in the USA, the unit is housed in a 2U steel chassis with a CNC-machined 1/4" faceplate that is also inlaid with laser-engraved inserts. The Variable MU ships with an IEC power cable.
- Stepped Greyhill rotary switches with 1% precision metal-film resistors
- M/S modification allows various approaches to Mid/Side recording, playback and processing
- T-Bar Mod replaces the single 5670 tube with two 6BA6 tubes providing the original sound of the Variable MU
- Manley input and output transformers with nickel laminations in mu-metal cases
- Balanced inputs and outputs (600 Ω)
- Independently regulated B+ and heater supplies
- Bypass Switch: Hardwire true bypass
- Input Attenuator: -8 to +8 dB stepped Greyhill switch
- Variable Attack: 25 to 70 ms
- Threshold: Continuously variable
- 5-Step Recovery Switch: 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 4, 8 sec
- Compression Ratio: 1.5:1
- Limit Ratio: 4:1 to 20:1
- Large Illuminated Sifam Meters: Displays the amount of dB gain reduction
- Stereo link switch
|Number of Channels||2|
|Inputs||2 x XLR transformer balanced (600 Ω)|
|Outputs||2 x XLR transformer balanced (600 Ω)|
|Input Level||Input Level Switch: -8, -4, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +4, and +8 dB|
|Compression Threshold||Continuously variable threshold for compression and limiting|
Limiter: 4:1 to 20:1
|Attack Time||Variable Attack: 25 to 70 ms|
|Release Time||Recovery 5 Steps: 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 4.0, 8.0 sec|
|Maximum Output Level||+30 dBu (26 Vrms) 26 dB Headroom|
|Make-up Gain||+35 dB|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 25 kHz|
|THD & Noise||<0.1% THD @ 1 kHz|
Noise Floor: -85 dB typical
|Meter||Illuminated Sifam meters|
|Tubes per Side||Fully Differential All-Tube Circuitry: 5670, 5751 (or 12AX7), 7044 (or 5687), & 12AL5|
(T-Bar mod replaced 5670s with 2 pairs of 6BA6s)
|High Pass Filter||HP SC: High-Pass Side-Chain Filter:|
-1 to -3 dB @ 100 Hz
-4 to -6 dB @ 50 Hz
|Power Supply||120 VAC, 80 W, 60 Hz|
|Fuse||Mains Fuse Value: 1.25 A|
Mains Fuse Type: MDA or MDL SLO-BLO Time Delay: 1-1/4" x 1/4"
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||19.0 x 3.5 x 10.0" / 48.3 x 8.9 x 25.4 cm|
Power Transformer protrudes 3.5" / 8.9 cm out back of chassis
|Weight||14.0 lb / 6.4 kg|
|Package Weight||21.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||23.0 x 18.0 x 8.0"|