Designed with the working musician in mind, the KeyLab 88 Hybrid 88-Key Controller from Arturiafeatures an 88-key hammer-weighted Fatar keybed with velocity and aftertouch and deep integration with the included Analog Lab software. In addition, the KeyLab 88 gives you 2 clickable encoders, 6 transport switches, modulation and pitch bend wheels, 20 encoders, 9 sliders, a volume encoder, 10 assignable switches, and 16 pads.
The included Analog Lab software gives you access to over 5,000 synthesizer sounds from Arturia's analog recreations of classic synths. The KeyLab 88 provides hands-on control over the software's parameters, allowing you to keep your hands on the keyboard and off your mouse to make adjustments. Not limited to working with Analog Lab, the controller has both USB and 5-pin DIN MIDI connections for use with other software and hardware units.
- KeyLab Under the Hood
- The KeyLab 88 keyboard controller is made for performance and expression. Designed with the modern musician in mind, the KeyLab 88 is a companion for the professional musician who uses a laptop or iPad.
This controller features a hammer action keybed from Fatar and gives full access to Arturia's Analog Lab software. Its pre-assigned controls make a solution for plug-and-play sound creation. Once the software is connected to the keyboard, you can put your mouse away and experience the same workflow as on a traditional hardware synthesizer
With KeyLab 88, discover a new depth of access to the synth patches so you can really get in and customize the huge library of internationally designed presets. A new Multi mode allows several sounds to be played at the same time with the addition of effects, layer/split functions and a Chord mode.
In addition, the keyboard (like all of the KeyLab series) can be used in any other software context
- More Than Just Another Keyboard
- The foundation of the KeyLab is built on its hammer-action keybed from Fatar, to give you the response and feel that a true musician needs. Then Arturia added transport controls to work with your favorite DAW, along with plenty of knobs, sliders, and assignable buttons to give you hands on control of your favorite plug-ins and workstations. To top it off they included 16 velocity and pressure sensitive drum pads
- Mission Control
- Arturia understands the needs that keyboard players have and with the size of an 88-note keyboard in your workspace, you need to have some kind of access to the devices you use to create with. They expanded the real-world usability with some simple but useful additions. They have added a music stand that can not only hold your favorite book of 10,000 songs, but it also work as an iPad stand either in landscape mode for using with your favorite iOS synths and DAWS or in portrait mode for the user who has 'gone green' and is using sheet music apps. They also have an extension shelf for the right rear section that creates a large work surface that will allow you to place your laptop or small synth (like a MicroBrute) on top of the KeyLab 88, giving you unsurpassed access without resorting to other stands or awkward working solutions
- MIDI Control Center
- The MIDI Control Center software allows you to quickly edit your preset parameters. With an easy to use graphical interface and a nice 1:1 screen image of your hardware, you can tailor the controls of your KeyLab keyboard to match your favorite plug-ins and DAWS settings
- Analog Lab Software
- Analog Lab is a powerful software synthesizer solution with over 5,000 classic synthesizer sounds from Arturia's vintage analog recreations at your fingertips.
Analog Lab offers the ability for fast and simple editing and customizing of your presets, but it doesn't stop there; owners of the original individual synthesizer software products or the V Collection can open an Analog Lab sound and edit it in the original software, save it and then add it to their library.
The new Multi mode allows you to create layers and splits as well as warping and twisting your sounds with 17 high quality effects
- Software Integration
- Analog Lab is a virtual instrument, which means that sounds are processed within the computer. It can be used as a stand-alone application or as a plug-in within the main sequencer programs: Steinberg Cubase, Digidesign Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Apple Logic Audio, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk Sonar, etc
- Hardware Integration
- The user customizable MIDI mapping allows you to control the parameters you want to control with your favorite keyboard. Better than that, use an Arturia Keyboard controller and the interface will automatically change to show the knob and slider layouts so that you get a 1:1 user interface
- TAE Powered Sounds
- All presets in Analog Lab have been carefully selected from the Arturia Classic Synths and keyboards : Mini V, Modular V, CS-80 V, ARP2600 V, Jupiter-8V, Prophet 5, Prophet VS, Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer V
||88-note hammer action Fatar keybed with velocity and aftertouch
||2x clickable encoders
6x transport switches
1x modulation wheel
1x pitch bend wheel
10x encoders (with 2 banks)
9x sliders (with 2 banks)
1x volume encoder
10x assignable switches
||1x 5-pin DIN MIDI IN
1x 5-pin DIN MIDI OUT
1x 1/4" (6.3 mm) sustain pedal input
1x 1/4" (6.3 mm) expression pedal input
1x 1/4" (6.3 mm) aux footswitch input
1x 1/8" (3.5 mm) breath controller input
||32-digital LCD screen
||Windows 7 or later
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
4 GB RAM
2 GHz CPU
2 GB free hard disk space
An internet connection is required for product authorization
VST 2.4 (32- and 64-bit)
VST 3 (32- and 64-bit)
AAX (32-bit with Pro Tools 10.3.8, 64-bit with Pro Tools 11)
Audio Unit (32- and 64-bit)
|Dimensions (L x W x D)
||50.9 x 13.7 x 4.3" (129.5 x 34.9 x 10.8 cm)
||32.4 lb (14.7 kg)
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||54.0 x 19.0 x 7.0"