The Allen & Heath GL series live sound reinforcement consoles exhibit the quality and detail synonymous with consoles that would render some live sound rigs over budget. The GL2400 is available in a 16, 24, 32 and 40 input chassis with a compact enclosure ideal for any custom, portable flight case.
The GL2400-24 is the 24 input version, complete with 24 line inputs, 24 microphone preamplifier's and 4-buss group routing. There is absolutely no shortage of routing possibilities with 2 stereo input channels, 6 Auxiliary sends and a 7x4 routing Matrix section. Also featured are 1/4" phone TRS inserts on all input channels, auxiliary sends and stereo master output. Direct outputs via 1/4" phone connectors are provided on every input channel, enabling input signal to be routed directly to multitrack recorders, monitor mixers, etc.
Each input channel features a 4-band semi-parametric EQ, complete with In/Out switch. A HPF filter switch attenuates frequencies below 100Hz by 12dB per octave. The main output section consists of Left, Right and Mono outputs via balanced 3-pin male XLR connections. The combination of stereo and mono outputs allows the engineer to mix a stereo image while sending mono signals to subs or a separate center (or "C") channel mix.
The Allen & Heath GL2400 is a budget conscious, work-horse sound-reinforcement mixer designed to meet the needs in large clubs, houses-of-worship, theaters, halls, outdoor band shells, rehearsal studios, recording studios and anywhere a large format, quality sound-reinforcement mixer is needed.
- Outstanding Performance
- Allen & Heath circuitry provides exceptionally low residual noise from the mix head amplifier and output stages. Improved microphone preamplifiers maintain low noise and can except as much as +34dBu.
- Stereo Line Inputs
- 2 stereo input channels provide dual L/R stereo line inputs, for a total of 4 stereo line level inputs.
- Direct Microphone Outputs
- Both stereo input channels also feature a mono microphone input with a standard 3-pin balanced XLR connection and a 1/4" phone microphone output. The microphone output is convenient for feeding ambient microphone signal to recorders, RTA measurement systems, etc.
- 7x4 Matrix Routing
- The 7x4 Matrix is literally a mixer within a mixer. 4 output channels feature independent output level control and signal routing from any of the 4-sub groups, L/R stereo or Matrix External inputs (7x4). Applications include assisted listening mixes, additional monitor mixes, remote broadcasts, zone feeds, mono recording and stereo recording comps.
- 6 Auxiliary Sends
- 6 auxiliary sends provide adequate routing to external effects devices, monitors, etc.
- 4-Sub Group Outputs
- 4-sub groups are ideal for drum kit and back ground vocal comps. Individual channel feeds can be routed to multitrack recorders as well.
- 1/4" TRS phone inserts are located on all input channels, stereo mix output and sub-groups. The inserts enable direct, signal-loop routing to signal processors, monitor mixers, etc.
- Direct Outputs
- All input channels feature a direct output with a 1/4" phone connection. This allows for direct routing to large multitrack recorders, monitor mixers, etc.
- System Link
- An optional card provides the 37 pin D connectors necessary for integrating an additional GL2400. The Sys-Link allows the second mixer to operate as an input expander module.
- Gooseneck Lamp Connections
- Dual 4-pin male connections are provided for adapting gooseneck lamps.